That’s the excitement level while typing a text from under the blanket in a dimly lit room, after failing in all efforts of making “at least” this year’s new year’s eve worth remembering. (How was the Dadar station experience at Baga beach, Goa people?) Probably this is the only good thing about this obnoxiously ever-hyped day, and Shah Rukh Khan has ruined it for us. One cannot wish Happy New Year without getting reminded of Main lovely ho gayi yaar…Argh!
It is day 2 in the January of 2016!Basically, the day we are sane enough to regret all that we did to bring in the New Year! Also, the day we realise that the resolution list is made of a “no” before all that we did to bring in the new year. And also the day we live the first lie of the new year – by not doing anything or everything from the New Year resolution(s) list!
“Loose that extra weight” and “Cut down on alcohol” are like so passé. Here is a more doable and innovative list of things one can do this year!
- This year’s “summer-y” new year’s eve has opened my eyes about the seriousness of global warming issue. I really feel I need to do my bit. I shall avoid having bath everyday, and conserve water. Oh, and also have alcohol neat!
- At some point in 2016, go get that thing lying under the bed! Like really.
- Try and cook one non-terrible meal this year!
- This is a leap year! Take inspiration from Phil ( modern family reference) and plan to do something CRAZY on this “extra” day in four years, just to realize it is a Monday, and well, before you know, Monday morning got bluer than Jodhpur! (Yaaay, all you 10-year old 29 Feb Born!)
- Don’t suffer in silence. You can moan, crib and complain.
- Get better grades. You could always try. Like every year!
- Learn the lyrics of Govinda’s chartbuster “Meri Pant bhi sexy, mera shirt bhi sexy”. #TooMuchSwag
- This is really really clichéd. And overly used. But again, get off facebook and put your face in a book. But, if it is Chetan Bhagat, you would rather watch people eat the best cheesecake in the world on facebook. *like*
- Go to one place this year where you have never been! Of course, save up for it! Wait, where is the 500 bucks I put in my wallet last night! Erm..nevermind!
- Some people wish to do something that scares the daylights out of them. In retrospect, all they do is get married. Well, fair enough.
- As Bazz Luhrman says it, use sunscreen! *very important*( I know you know that it is my favourite reference)
Jokes apart, I really feel I need to get out of my comfort zone and go to Kathegalli, where I think people are still watching Happy New Year!
PS- Happy New Year everyone! May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.